When I think about the challenge to live for Jesus, I often feel overwhelmed because I so often fall waaaay short in that. I think of it as a huge undertaking, that I need to do grand and lofty acts in order to make a difference in my world. This list of random acts of kindess, courtesy of Guideposts, reminds me that sometimes the small things can have a big impact.
See how many of these random acts of kindness that you can perform this week:
1. Hold the door open for the next person coming behind you.
2. Stop for a pedestrian who is waiting to cross the street.
3. Adopt a street or just pick up litter in the neighborhood.
4. When you feel someone has done a great job — tell him or her
5. Collect items for the food bank. Support other important causes.
6. Write a thank-you note to someone who made a difference in your life.
7. Make a point of really listening to those around you.
8. When someone is trying to merge into your lane of traffic, let the person in front of you.
9. Let someone with fewer groceries go in front of you.
10. Pay for someone’s toll or gas.
11. For one day or week, choose not to pass along gossip you hear.
12. Drop off a positive note and a treat on a co-worker’s desk.
13. Whatever the topic of conversation is, choose to discuss the positive side of it.
14. Forgive someone.