After having a case of the doldrums last weekend, I’m pleased to say that this one has been quite pleasant. I ran my first 8K race (5 miles) yesterday and, despite it being hot and humid, finished with a better time than I’d anticipated, which is always a great feeling. Most likely this will be my last race until fall, since the weather’s only going to get hotter and more humid from here.
Here are a few finds on the web that have kept me entertained the last few days:
• In case you hadn’t heard, the series finale of “Mad Men” airs tonight. I’m a big fan of the series and will miss it greatly (especially you, Roger Sterling), but I have to admit that a lot of the questions on this “Mad Men” superfan quiz stumped me. Perhaps you can do better than I did.
• I’ve mentioned it about a thousand or so times before, but Shauna Niequist is one of my favorite authors and I find myself continually nodding my head and saying, “Yes, yes” in agreement as I read most of her writing. Her blogpost, “Don’t Be the Next…”, was yet another head-nodder.
• As someone whose wardrobe is in desperate need of an overhaul, I was fascinated by this article on the shopping habits of Marie Kondo, author of The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up, a book that has gotten major buzz and that I’m looking forward to reading.
• Speaking of books, I was delighted to find this list of the best books for Francophiles.
• Speaking of more books, the Modern Mrs. Darcy has published her 2015 Summer Reading Guide, sorted into seven different genres to suit your reading fancy. It’s high time I found that job where I’m paid to read books all day.